Statement from the Nordic Olympic Committees, Paralympic Committees, and Sports Confederations on the Russian aggression in Ukraine
1. The situation with the war in Ukraine has not changed.
2. Therefore, we stand firm in our position, not to open for Russian and Belarusian athletes and officials in international sports participation.
3. Now is not the right time to consider their return; that is our position.
4. We, the Nordic Olympic and Paralympic Committees and Confederations of sports, take this opportunity to reaffirm our steadfast support once again with the Ukrainian people and the demand for peace.
5. The Nordic Olympic and Paralympic Committees and Confederations of sports will work together and in close dialogue with relevant stakeholders to evaluate and continuously monitor the situation closely.